Ethereum Beginner Course
On demand: Groups of 10 or more
This course is for individuals who want to understand the basics of Ethereum and what this technology offers in terms of smart contracts. The course will cover the basic design of the Ethereum blockchain, the functioning of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) and an introduction into smart contracts and transactions. It includes current use cases in the Decentralised Applications (DApps) landscape and the recent surge of interest in Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), and how ICOs are raising funding using cryptocurrencies, such as ether and bitcoin.
- Price: R850 per person (private training sessions for min of 10 people)
- This course is held online from 09:00am – 14:30pm SAST with short breaks in between
- Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
- No laptop required
- Blockchain Academy Certificate of Completion
- No prior knowledge or experience of Ethereum is required
Module 1: What is Ethereum?
- A brief history
- How does Ethereum differ from Bitcoin?
- Ethereum design and philosophy
- Ether – what is it and why is it needed?
Module 2: The Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)
- Smart contracts
- Gas – paying for computations
- A simple smart contract in action
- Running contracts on the Ethereum Virtual Machine
Module 3: Ethereum Applications
- Tokens / ICO’s
- Decentralised applications
- Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (The DAO)
Module 4: Securing the Ethereum Blockchain
Mining / nodes
- Proof of Work vs. Proof of Stake
- Other methods of securing blockchains
Module 5: Ethereum Past, Present, and Future
- How is Ethereum different from when it launched?
- Ethereum Enterprise Alliance (EEA)
- The DAO, DAO hack
andresulting chain fork
- An introduction to a few popular and innovative smart contracts
- Scaling issues and the plan to scale Ethereum
- Competition: other smart contract platforms
- Plans for the future