18 August 2020: Online via GoToWebinar
The Blockchain Academy, in partnership with Paxful, will be hosting the Bitcoin and Blockchain Beginner Course for FREE!
The Bitcoin and Blockchain Beginner course is for individuals who are new to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. The course covers the basics of money, bitcoin and the blockchain, how to use bitcoin: buy and sell bitcoin; send and receive bitcoin; and how to store bitcoin in a wallet, bitcoin and wallet security, compliance and regulation, use cases and opportunities this technology provides. It also includes alternatives to bitcoin and the Bitcoin blockchain.
The outcome of this course is to provide individuals with a general overview of bitcoin and blockchain technology. This course provides attendees with an insight into the future of this technology in terms of innovation and disruption of existing traditional systems and processes.
All are welcome to attend!
- No previous understanding of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is required
- An interest in bitcoin and blockchain technology
- Price: FREE
- This course is held online from 11:00am – 15:00pm SAST with short breaks in between
- Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
In Partnership with Paxful
Paxful is the leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplace where buyers and sellers are connected for business. Having over 300 payment methods available on Paxful makes it incredibly easy to find suitable offers.
We give the users complete control over their money. … Upon sign up, Paxful users are given a FREE wallet.
Paxful is a young financial technology startup, expanding rapidly with over 200 employees around the world with offices in New York City USA, Hong Kong, Tallinn Estonia and Manila Philippines.
Module 1: Introduction
- Navigating a new financial paradigm
- Digital currencies explained
- History of Bitcoin
- Understanding the Bitcoin blockchain
Module 2: Down the Rabbit Hole
- How bitcoin mining works
- Sending / receiving bitcoin: transaction demo and tracking
- The pseudo-anonymity of bitcoin
- Safely storing bitcoin: wallets and keys
- Crypto inheritance planning
- Bitcoin use cases and opportunities
- Staying safe: How to protect yourself from scams
- Bitcoin pricing and volatility
Module 3: The Future of Blockchain
- Smart contracts and Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAO’s)
- Bitcoin for remittances in emerging economies
- Innovation for financial and non-financial institutions
Carel de Jager
Lead Instructor at the Blockchain Academy
Africa Community Coordinator at Paxful