Beginner’s Guide to Bitcoin
Cape Town: 28th June 2018
Join us for the first of a series of events, as a Beginners Guide to a range of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology related topics.
The first event, will be a beginners guide to learning about bitcoin and in partnership with South Africa’s first bitcoin exchange, Luno. This session is designed for individuals who just want to learn the basics and not delve into the technicalities of how this technology works.
This event is sponsored by Luno. South Africa’s first bitcoin exchange.
About this event:
The growing interest surrounding the opportunities that cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin, offers, is evident through the enquiries received by the Blockchain Academy.
From investing, trading, mining bitcoin, the opportunities definitely exist. This event is for individuals looking for a crash course on bitcoin: how to get started using bitcoin, buying, selling on local and international cryptocurrency exchanges, securely storing bitcoin in a wallet, sending and receiving bitcoin and learning about the risks and regulation that governments are imposing on cryptocurrency exchanges.
- 17:30pm – 20:00pm
- Refreshments included
- Blockchain Academy classroom
- Receive free bitcoin
- No laptop required
- No prior knowledge or experience of bitcoin or blockchain technology is required
- What is bitcoin and blockchain technology?
- Why is bitcoin so revolutionary?
- What are the best cryptocurrency exchanges in South Africa and why?
- What are some of the best cryptocurrency exchanges globally and why?
- How do cryptocurrency exchanges work?
- What do I need to know when using a cryptocurrency exchange?
How Do I Use Bitcoin?
- What are the different ways I can get bitcoin?
- How do I buy and sell bitcoin?
- How does an order book work?
- What are the fees associated with buying and selling bitcoin?
- How do I send and receive bitcoin?
- Live demo: the presenter will send some bitcoin to someone in the class to demonstrate the process
Cryptocurrency Wallets and Security
- How do I store bitcoin?
- What are the different types of cryptocurrency wallets and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- How do I ensure my bitcoin is stored safely?
- What is two factor authentication and why is it important?
Where Can I Use Bitcoin?
- Which merchants in South Africa and globally accept bitcoin?
Bitcoin Regulation and Tax
- What should I know about tax (income and capital gain/loss) when trading cryptocurrencies?
- What is the South African Reserve Banks stance on cryptocurrencies?
- What are other regulators saying about cryptocurrency regulation?
Question and Answer
- Submit your top 3 questions after you register and use this opportunity to engage with the presenters and audience