Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and the Token Economy Course
On demand Groups of 10 or more
This course is for individuals who want an overview of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), their components, legal implications and the future of tokenised financial instruments. The purpose of the course is to provide attendees with a basic understanding of the relationship between ICOs and blockchains. The course explains the basic building blocks of an ICO, how to determine the viability/potential of an ICO, how to purchase or participate in ICOs and the future of tokenised securities in their business/industry.
Startups and projects raised $5.6 billion through Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) in 2017. What are ICOs and what is their relationship to blockchain technology? How do you purchase or participate in ICOs? Why are governments cracking down on ICOs? What are the legal risks? What is the future of tokenised securities? How are ICO’s disrupting the traditional Venture Capital industry?
- 09:00am – 14:30pm
- Catering included
- Blockchain Academy classroom
- No laptop required
- Blockchain Academy Certificate of Completion
- No prior knowledge or experience of bitcoin or the blockchain is required
Module 1: An Introduction to Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- The beginning: the first ICO and the growth of the industry since
- Token generation events
- What is a utility token?
- Differentiating between utility and security tokens
- How an ICO works: token distributions, token timing
- Global overview of its growth
- Africa and ICOs: What’s coming?
Module 2: The Future of ICOs
- Are ICOs in a bubble?
- How can
ICOsbe used in your business?
- How are ICOs being regulated globally?
- What are the risks associated with ICOs?
- What is the future of