Blockchain Advanced Course
21 October 2020 Online via GoToWebinar
The course goes further into bitcoin mining, mining pools, bitcoin transactions on the blockchain, software clients and front-ends, service providers that provide wallet services, APIs, payment gateways, explorer service and blockchain as a service.
The course provides an overview of Blockchain 2.0 topics such as smart contracts, smart property, side chains, decentralized services, world computers, and other exciting and innovative services and opportunities currently being used around the world.
The outcome of this course is to provide attendees with a comprehensive, multi-faceted understanding of key blockchain-related concepts and will have developed the level of technical skills required to achieve specific business goals.
Attendees will be able to identify suitable use cases for different blockchain technologies in order to solve key business issues and assess the risk vs benefits of using blockchain technology instead of existing technology platforms.
Attendees will gain an insight into the future of this technology in terms of innovation and disruption of existing traditional systems and processes.
- Attendees should have a basic understanding of bitcoin and blockchain technology
- Price: R850 / USD$55 (incl. VAT) per person
- This course is held online from 11:00am – 15:00pm SAST with short breaks in between
- Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
- Basic understanding of bitcoin or the blockchain is required
Module 1: Introduction
- The Problem of Digital Cash and Double Spending
- Nodes and Mining
- Byzantine Generals’ Problem
Module 2: Cryptography
- Proof of Work
- Elliptical Curve: Private and Public Keys and Digital Signatures
- Hierarchical Deterministic or HD wallets
- Block Structure
Module 3: Transactions
- How Transactions are Structured
- Introduction to SegregatedWitness (SegWit)
- Merkle Trees
Module 4: Smart Contracts
- High Level Introduction to Bitcoin Scripts
- Transactions: P2PK, P2PKH and P2SH
- Multisignature Wallets and Use Cases
- Micropayment Channels
- Open Asset Protocol and Coloured Coins
- Evolution of Smart Contracts – Solidity and Ethereum
Module 5: Layer Two Solutions
- The Bitcoin Scaling Debate
- Lightning Network
Module 6: Risks and Challenges
- Hard Forks and Attacks
- Governance and Risks of Centralisation
- Hype Cycles
- Permissionless vs. Permissioned Blockchains
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)